We continuously drive operational excellence without compromising the environment as well as the health and well-being of our employees and the communities in which we operate.
Our ultimate aspirations and sustainability goals focus on the following:
- Incidents: through our 'Zero is possible' behavioural-based safety awareness programme, our aim is to foster an even stronger culture in which every employee is responsible for their own safety and for the safety of the people around them.
- Carbon: our focus is on reducing carbon emissions as far as possible. We are determined to achieve year-on-year improvements, with an end goal of zero carbon emissions.
- Waste: our philosophy encourages the redesign of resource life cycles so that waste generation is minimised, with any unavoidable waste products being reused or recycled. Our end goal is to achieve zero waste.
- Water stewardship: achievable through more efficient water usage and also looking at our water and waste water from a management overview perspective.
- Regarded as a good neighbour: we believe in actively listening to the needs and concerns of our neighbours in all communities in which we operate, while designing our processes to minimise noise and odour emissions.
- Most efficient product packaging and distribution: we are working with our purchasing and logistics departments to ensure that our packaging and distribution is becoming as efficient as possible.